Rage Effect has an objective-based gameplay.
With 6 Game Modes such as:
- Team Deathmatch: where two opposing teams compete to fulfil objectives such eliminating enemy players with a maximum of 16 players per match.
- Capture the Flag: where two teams each have a flag and the objective is to capture the other team's flag, located at the team's "base", and bring it safely back to their own base.
- Free-for-All: where players are individually responsible for their character's survival and have to kill their enemies.
- Elimination: To win, two teams must kill every member of the opposing team (players cannot respawn until the round is over). The game will be won by the side that reaches the maximum number of round wins. Players who have died can spectate their teammates who are still alive.
- Demolition: One team (Terrorist) must plant a bomb in one of the plant zones, while the other (Counter-Terrorist) must prevent them from doing so or defuse the bomb if it has already been planted. The aim of the terrorist team is to plant the bomb and guard it until it detonates.
- Gun Game: Players compete in a free-for-all style game in this game. Players will obtain different weapons as they gain more kills; the player wins the game by being the first to kill at least one person with all of the stated weapons; players will auto-respawn after being killed.
Players are rewarded with in-game currency as well as cryptocurrency ($RGETokens) at the end of each round based on their individual performance and daily reward system, which they may use to purchase more powerful weapons, skins, vehicles, etc. in upcoming rounds. Winning rounds earns you more money than losing them, and fulfilling objectives like killing opponent players earns you extra tokens and coins.
The scoreboard in pause-game menu shows team points as well as individual player information such as name, kills, deaths, and ping (in milliseconds). The scoreboard also shows whether a player is dead and by whom he was killed.